Serious reloaders know that one of the most luxurious items you can purchase for yourself is an automated powder trickler that lets you dispense your exact charge weight at the press of a button. There are a couple models on the market from various manufacturers, but the one that always seems to garner the best reviews is the RCBS Chargemaster.
The new RCBS ChargeMaster Lite is a more compact version of the RCBS flagship ChargeMaster powder-measuring tool. The one-piece unit features an LCD touchscreen display that ensures accurate data input. The hopper holds nearly around 400 grams of smokeless powder, and can dispense anywhere between 2-300 grains with a +/-0.1-grain accuracy.
Key benefits noted by users in the USA include:
• Smaller footprint and lighter weight: Doesn’t take up as much space as the larger ChargeMaster Combo, though it will still hold the same amount of powder.
• Easier to level: The ChargeMaster Lite has adjustable screw-in, screw-out feet and features a built-in bubble level indicator.
• Improved dispense accuracy.
• Straight forward, easy to operate: The ChargeMaster Lite is simple and easy: Power up; let it warm up for 15 minutes or so; calibrate scale; zero scale with the powder pan; fill the hopper with powder; set to auto dispense mode (default setting); punch in the target charge weight; press “Go.”
• 2-300 grain powder dispense range
• +/-0.1 grain accuracy (0-500 grains)
• Ambidextrous scale pan
• LCD Touchscreen display
• Durable On/Off and Dispense buttons
• Wind Cover
• Powder hopper and quick-drain system
• Built in bubble level
• Limited One Year Warranty
• 120/240 switching power supply
• EU/UK/AUS compliant
The new ChargeMaster is set to reach South African shores by the beginning of May, and depending on how the exchange rate holds up should retail for around R4,500 inlduing VAT.
[ Back ]